Our team of Respiratory Therapists is as diverse as our experiences. Providence Health Care employs over 60 full and part-time Respiratory Therapists from all over North America. This shared expertise allows our team to be cutting edge and innovative as we collaborate on projects and treat patients.
At Providence Health Care, Respiratory Therapists provide care primarily at St. Paul’s Hospital and Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, and we support the other Providence Health Care sites on a consultation basis.
In Acute Care, Respiratory Therapists provide coverage throughout the hospital, however we have dedicated around the clock coverage in:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
- Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit (CSICU)
- Interventional Cardiology (IC)
- Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
- Emergency Department (ED)
- Medical/Surgical Wards
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Operating Room (OR)
In Pulmonary Diagnostics, Respiratory Therapists provide coverage in:
- Pulmonary Function (PF)
- Cystic Fibrosis Clinic (CF)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Lab (CPX)
- Bronchoscopy (Bronchs)
A Respiratory Therapist also runs the Respiratory Education Centre for outpatient chronic lung disease management.